Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness on the Family Farm-Day 11

Day 11- Veteran’s Day

I would feel like a crummy American if my post today wasn’t about my gratitude for the men and women that have served our nation. We have so many things to be thankful for, and I am thankful for our vets everyday, but today the post HAS to be about those who gave and are currently giving.

Everyday I am thankful to live in America.  Everyday I am thankful for what God has given me and my family.

We had a special service at church today in honor of those who have served.  Some of our dear friends’ boys sang a rendition of the Star Spangled Banner that stirred me.  Three brothers’ voices melding together in a familiar song on a special day.  It was good. 

Life is good. 

Want to start at the beginning? Day 1

Want to follow along and learn more about farming and food? Click on over to 30 Days on a Prairie Farm Series.

kickoff_30_days_prairie_farm_1_634872128566419996-300x119

 

LiveJournal Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...